Thursday, June 21, 2012

Haircut

I found a pile of Lilly's hair in the bathroom trash today. Eli claims she cut it herself, but she has trouble cutting paper, so I find this a little hard to believe. He said "maybe Lilly found some orange scissors, cut her hair, and then hid the scissors carefully under the couch in the living room". He says he found the hair on the couch, carefully cleaned it all up and put it in the trash. I asked him why he didn't tell me, and he said he didn't know where I was.  Ummm I couldn't be far.....probably the kitchen?? 
Something just isn't adding up in this story.
Since I found the hair during Lilly's nap, I couldn't asses the damage or confirm the story until she woke up.  The haircut wasn't as bad as it could have been, it turns out he cut small pieces from all around the back of her head.  Since she has wavy hair, you really can't tell.  In fact if I hadn't have found the hair, I'm not sure I ever would have noticed.
Lilly also said Eli was the one who cut her hair, ah ha!
Eli is still insisting that Lilly did it, which is strange because he doesn't usually lie.  He told me later in the day that Lilly hit him, so he hit her back with a hula hoop.  It's a mystery, but Eli is still the main suspect.
I guess it's time to go get some layers put into Lilly's hair, and clean up the mess.

No comments: