Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Artist?



Eli didn't used to like to draw or color at all, but suddenly upon arriving in Boise he's drawing non-stop.  This is great because in places where he used to be board, ie: story hour, he's now happy to sit still and draw a picture.  I don't know what got into him, but I'm sure happy about it.  I think Ben actually helped Eli draw the picture on the bottom, but he traced and drew the one on the top himself.  This morning, at 7am, he brought me a John Deere book and wanted me to trace a tractor that was decorated for a parade at Christmas.  I tried my best, in bed and half asleep, thinking it would take him awhile to color it and I could lay in bed half unconscious for 20 more minutes.  Apparently my skills aren't up to par because he said it was terrible, then cut it out of the paper, and traced his own.  There's nothing like a kid if you want honesty, luckily this isn't a talent I've ever imagined myself to have!

No comments: