Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Preschool Field Trip






Eli had his first preschool field trip today. Since I failed to get a picture of Eli on his first day of preschool, I thought I'd make up for it today. He started school about a month ago and loves it. Eli was awake until almost 10pm last night, he said he was too excited about the field trip to sleep. I don't think the trip to the pumpkin patch was what he anticipated most, it was the ride on the school bus.

Here he is with his friend Herbie who is not only in his preschool class, but in nursery at church. They were both so excited when we pulled up and saw the buses were waiting. They both ran right over and wanted to get on the bus. The driver thought they were so cute, and said "look how excited these little guys are". They handled it pretty well when I told them they had to go inside their class first, and the teacher would tell them when it was time to get on the bus.

Eli and Herbie are great friends, as Eli would say "Me and Herbie, we like to play rough". Herbie's mom Ciara and I had separate talks with them about being gentle to the other kids in nursery. We didn't want them to "wrestle" little girls in there. Herbie and Eli both promised not to, but asked if they could still wrestle with each other. We told them it was okay as long as they didn't do it to anyone else. Last week when I picked Eli up, his nursery leader (and a high school wrestling coach) was disappointed I came so soon. Apparently he told the boys if they cleaned up the toys fast they could go into an empty room and "go at it". Since they missed their chance last week, they're scheduled to try again next Sunday. When I asked which boy usually won, I was told it was whoever got on top of the other one first. Apparently they're pretty evenly matched, so let boys be boys and we'll see how the match turns out next week!




No comments: