Wednesday, October 31, 2007


Don't Bug Me!

We saw this grasshopper out in the yard today. He's one of the more friendly looking insects we have in our yard.

I didn't know my fear of spiders was as out of control as it is until I tried to weed the other day. I generally don't like spiders, but if I see them in the house I'll squish them myself if Ben's not home. In the yard there are literally hundreds of spiders of all different varieties, and I felt physically ill. I had to come in the house and sit down, it took me several hours before I didn't feel like I had one crawling on me. Well I was going to call the pest control people, but when I went to their website there were spider pictures (of course). I had to close the browser and try to find something to do to distract my mind. I haven't seen any in the house, and am glad about that (hopefully they're just outdoor spiders). I can't take any pictures of them, and am trying not to visualize them, so I don't know what kind they are exactly. I guess I'm going to have to leave this one to Ben.

2 comments:

The Wheelers said...

Yikes, I remember that now! When we were there, I just remember tons of tiny black ones during certain times of the year (and only outside). But it led to some pretty good spider discussions. I still kind of shiver when I think of your black widow story. We just got some baby chicks; I'll mail one up to you. That should take care of the problem.

Michelle Rowe said...

Thanks, a chick is just what we need. I actually went to Home Depot and bought some insecticide, I'm just waiting for Ben to spray it.