Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A day in my life as a stay at home Mom.

6:39-7:00 am Feed Eli and listen to him talk to himself and hope in vain he goes back to sleep
7:00 Change diaper, brush teeth.......
7:20 Decide this is the day I'll eat healthy, so I start with a bowl of Raisin Bran
7:30 Read every book we own to Eli, and then recite all of the animal noises I know.
8:30 Bounce Eli and put him down for a nap while watching "House" on Tivo
8:45 Eli is still asleep, should I nap? Decide not to nap, it's too frustrating to be woken up again.
9:15 Eli wakes up, bounce again and thank heaven I didn't go back to bed.
9:30 finish watching "House". Get dressed and packed for errands
10:30 Feed Eli, get him dressed, start laundry. Then I pack him, Trader Joe bags, purse, diaper bag and garbage down 3 flights of stairs.
10:45 Ben calls and forgot his lunch, go to post-office (run into Jamie Tonks) and pick up lunch for Ben (and myself) at Wendy's.
11:15 Meet Ben for early lunch and decide I'll eat healthy tomorrow.
11:45 Go grocery shopping at Winco
1:00 Pack Eli, diaper bag, purse and 6 bags of groceries up 3 flights of stairs (it takes 2 trips).
1:30 Groceries are put away, switch out laundry, feed and bounce Eli and put him down for a nap. Watch the Cosby Show
2:30 Eli wakes up and I bounce him, put him down, he wakes up, bounce him, put him down, he wakes up, bounce him, put him down, he wakes up.
Give Up.
3:00 Eli blows out his diaper, maybe this is why he wouldn't sleep.
3:15 Switch out laundry again, fold clothes, clean bathrooms while Eli jumps in the Johnny Jumper.
4:00 Have a snack, feed Eli, fold more laundry while Eli plays with Ben's bike trainer.
4:30 Bounce Eli and put him down for the rest of his afternoon nap.
5:00 Start dinner, Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder, mmmm...
5:30 Eli wakes up, change diaper, fold more laundry
6:00 Wonder where Ben is, feed Eli his dinner
6:30 Decide to eat without Ben, then he comes home
6:45 Serve Ben dinner and clean up
7:00 Go for a walk at Orchard Park
7:40 Bath for me and Eli
8:00 Feed Eli again, and bounce
8:15 and bounce
8:30 and bounce
8:45 and bounce, all the while regretting the Caffeinated Root Beer I had at lunch.
9:00 Eli is finally asleep, log onto computer
9:30 Upload pics and make a slide show
10:00 Oh No! I'm still online writing this too long journal of my day.
10:15 Log off computer and go to bed wondering how long I'll sleep before Eli wakes me up.

No comments: