Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I finished the book in a couple of days, and yes Eli got neglected a little bit. I figure he's been "ruling my day" for the last 6 months, he can give me 48 hours.

I don't want to say anything too revealing in case you haven't finished yet, but I loved it. The book was more action packed than usual, and I couldn't put it down. The end of a chapter was like the end of an Alias episode, it left you in suspense and wanting more. I felt like the end drug on a little bit, but it may have been that I was just too anxious to find out what happened.

Finishing so fast was bittersweet, now I know what happens but on the other hand the series is over. It was a unique and fun filled journey waiting for books, movies (I guess we've still got a couple of these), books on tape, and late night parties at the bookstore.

We really love Jim Dale, the reader of the Harry Potter series, but since money is a little tight we haven't been able to get the tapes yet. We put our name on the list at the library and are number 311, we figure that will take about 6 months, so I guess we still have something to look forward to.

Thanks to J.K. Rowling reading is more popular than ever, I mean before Harry Potter I had never gone out at midnight and waited in line for a book.

Happy Reading!

No comments: